Workshop on Improving Gender Equality in Research Organisations
On 28 February 2017, the Science Europe workshop ‘Improving Gender Equality in Research Organisations’ took place in Brussels. Science Europe released its new Practical Guide on this topic at the event and discussed the recommendations it makes with stakeholders from a variety of institutions.
- Welcome and Introduction by Sabine Haubenwallner, Austrian Science Fund
- How to Avoid Unconscious Bias in Peer-review Processes by Maya Widmer, GEMO Widmer, Switzerland
- Some Comments on the Practical Guide by Uta Frith, University College London, United Kingdom
- How to Monitor Gender Equality by Carl Jacobsson, Swedish Research Council
- How to Improve Grant Management Practices by Elena Martines, Science Foundation Ireland
- Some Thoughts on the Guide by Gülsün Sağlamer, European Women Rectors Association