Vacancy: Policy Officer
Science Europe is looking for a temporary replacement for one of its policy officers, for the period of one year.
The role is to support the Office on cross-cutting priorities, provide summaries and policy analysis of EU institution documents and those of R&I stakeholders, and organise events, publications, and activities related to our priority topics.
Science Europe is a membership association of major public European Research Funding Organisations (RFOs) and Research Performing Organisations (RPOs) from 30 countries. Based in Brussels, the association promotes the collective interests of Member Organisations through advocacy work on European and global levels. Science Europe supports its members in their missions to fund and perform research and innovation by offering a first-class platform for collaboration. Science Europe contributes to the development of robust research policies in Europe and to the European Research Area through engagement with key partners.
The Policy Officers support the implementation of the Science Europe Strategy Plan by managing internal projects and tasks across priorities outlined in the Strategy Plan 2021–2026.
As a policy officer, you will:
- Support the Secretary General on cross-cutting priorities of the organisation
- Provide summaries and policy analysis of documents issued by the EU Institutions and R&I stakeholders
- Organise events, publications and other activities with Member Organisations such as creating and implementing surveys, drafting reports and taking meeting minutes
- Contribute to the development of communications materials (internal briefings, policy statements, press releases, newsletter notes, social media, and so on)
- Fulfil other relevant responsibilities and tasks as necessary
Please have a look on our Vacancies page for more information on who we are looking for and how to apply!