Register now: Global Summit on Diamond Open Access
Science Europe is pleased to invite you to register for the ‘Global Summit on Diamond Open Access / Cumbre Global sobre Acceso Abierto Diamante’. This hybrid and multilingual series of events will take place from 23 to 27 October 2023 in Toluca, Mexico.
The objective of this unique event is to bring together for the first time the community of research funding and performing organisations, researchers, editors, universities, academic libraries, learned societies, and policy makers who are engaged in strengthening the Diamond Open Access ecosystem.
The objective of the Global Summit / Cumbre Global is to encourage a deeper understanding and mutual learning between world regions. The event will also be instrumental in developing global principles that unite the initiatives developed in diverse, local contexts. This is in adequation with the EU Council conclusions published on 23 May 2023.
The Global Summit / Cumbre Global is organised by Redalyc, UAEMéx, AmeliCA, UNESCO, CLACSO, UÓR, ANR, cOAlition S, OPERAS, and Science Europe. Interpretation will be foreseen in different languages.
The Diamond Open Access community will discuss the equity, quality, usability, and sustainability aspects of the Diamond OA scholarly publishing model.
Specifically, the topics of the Global Summit / Cumbre Global will be:
- Diamond OA publication system for the public good
- Principles and Definitions of Diamond OA
- Cooperation for Diamond OA: Quality, Efficiency and Connection to Society
- Processes quality and transparency in Diamond OA
- Technology and Infrastructure
- Sustainability: Funding, technology and cooperation
- Research evaluation and recognition of the Diamond OA
- Policy development to strengthen Diamond OA
- Governance and Global Federation
- Way Forward
More information and the programme of each event will be available soon on https://globaldiamantoa.org/.